AD

Bon Jovi Said it Best. Halfway There...Living on a Prayer. Killing Debt! Dave Ramsey Baby Steps are the Trick/Tip/Secret/Magic/Strategy


Oh, they're halfway there
Oh, living on a prayer
Take my hand
And we'll make it I swear
Oh, living on a prayer.

This is my July update on our debt payoff.  It has been exactly 24 months since we started our path to debt freedom and we are now HALFWAY THERE!  We started with exactly $100,332 of total debt (including the mortgage).  As of today, we have paid off $50,230.  Only $50,102 left to go.  About 24 more months from now and I will be 100% free from all worldly debts, never to go there again.  At the time we started (August 2008), I figured it would be possible to pay off everything in about six years.  I was thrilled with that calculation because we still had about 14 years left of the mortgage.  After tightening some belts and re-crunching numbers, I came up with a four year (48 month) plan to total freedom.  So far, so good.  I must stay focused to continue at this pace.  While I never want to wish time away, I can't wait for that day to come.  As I told my wife that day in August 2008, take my hand and we'll make it I swear........