AD

Keeping Up With the Joneses. Turtle Power!

Random Ramblings from a debt eliminator (me).
Am I the only one without a 46" LCD TV?
Am I the only one who doesn't have a DVR?

Am I the only one who doesn't own a riding lawn mower?
Am I the only one who doesn't have power windows & locks on my truck?

Am I the only one still with cable TV (no dish).

Am I the only one who doesn't have an iPhone/Blackberry cell phone?

Am I the only one who doesn't turn on the A/C when it hits 80 degrees?

Am I the only one who walks through the house continuously shutting off lights?

Am I the only one who washes the car in the driveway?

Am I the only one who gets coffee from the kitchen? (what's a Starbucks?)

Am I the only one who keeps the house a little bit chilly in the winter?

Am I the only one who brown bags it for lunch?

I KNOW MY NEIGHBORS DON'T!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha! NO! There are only two items I would have to leave off the list if I wrote this....power windows & locks on the car....and washing the car in the driveway (but only when it needs a wax - because I still haven't figured out how to wax the car without leaving streaks). Other than that, I'm right there with ya!

Stay positive, man! How about....
"Am I the only one who will be able to retire before 60? I know my neighbors can't!"

or how about "Am I the only one who will never have a car loan again?"

Last week, coworkers of mine were talking about their houses and how they want to move (again!). I started to get a little jealous, as I sometimes will. I mean, there are 5 of us living in a house half the size of one of my coworkers' houses. My coworkers wondered why we had not moved yet. So I started explaining our financial goals to them. At one point, I noticed one of them "daydreaming." She looked at me and said "I'm sorry, I'm still on the part where you said you'll always pay cash for cars from now on. I WISH we could do that but I don't think we'll ever be able to!"

Bottom line - we should never be jealous of what others have - because, most times, what they have comes with a lot of debt and worry. And once you tell them your story, you will quickly see the tables turn ;)

~Sharon

Dollars Not Debt said...

Sometimes I question myself, but I just need to refocus and think of the big picture. Retirement is my big motivator. Sometimes I think my neighbors have a printing press (printing money) in their basement (am I the only one without a basement?). Then I realize they just spend everything they earn....and then some.